My son says I have an addiction. Now, I’m sure you are wondering what this could have to do with time management, because most business-minded people ascribe to the notion that playing games, either online, or on tablet or phone, is time-wasting; and has nothing at all to do with time management, especially if that […]
Hits From The Blog
Recently, I’ve had problems with two companies whose policies look eerily familiar. First, let’s talk about AAA. For those living outside the US, AAA is a company that supplies roadside assistance when automobiles breakdown. They have also expanded into the insurance and possibly the travel markets, and offer these additional services to their customers at discounts. What […]
As some of my readers may be aware, I had started “Sandy’s Slim Down, Shake Up” Journey Journal at the beginning of this year; in an effort to make myself more accountable in my attempts to better regulate my health and dietary as well as physical exercise habits. After all, I’m a massage therapist, having knowledge […]
The hind quarters of a donkey. Yes, that is what I was a few days ago. And afterwards, I felt like such a heel. I was immediately convicted about my own selfishness and personal prejudices. It was awful and made me realize that my heart needs a lot of cleaning up. What did I do, […]
As I’m sure many of my readers know by now, I am a massage therapist. Recently, I went through another God trial, meant to build me in Christ and make me stronger. Up to now, when tested, and the water in the desert dried up, there was always a constant stream that was available, but […]
I felt the need to explain, because as some of you are aware, I have been somewhat absent…floating periodically, intermittently here for a few moments, but not in concentrated form. I’m somewhat fluid at the moment, but that is how I have to be. When you are out on a limb, holding on for dear […]
6 Super Foods that Need to Be on Your Grocery List Now! Single Girl Super Foods by jenhacker on Polyvore I think it’s safe to say that both Catherine and I maintain healthy obsession with food. There is little that can get in between us…
An anxious heart will wear you down, but a kind word will lift you up. The Bible says: Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad. (Proverbs 12:25) I am among the multitude of people who are cumbered with a load…
Last night was one of my more “unusual” dream nights. As I awoke around three, one of my dreams had been simultaneous with a second dream. It was if I was watching two programs on different TV’s at opposite ends of the building. Not just two dreams,…
Yesterday, I woke feeling a bit down. Once again, I took my eyes off God, and put them on my circumstances. To be honest, I was feeling frustrated with all my self-effort. What bugs me even more is that in several arenas of my life, I’m on the verge. When you have been working towards […]
I stand #accused. My immediate reaction was that the accusations are false…that I was wrongfully accused, but was I? It started with a Sunday service a few weeks ago. There was a guest speaker, and when I saw who it was, I was somewhat disappointed. I had several encounters with this speaker previously. He was […]
A New Trend In An Old Game Everyone’s received phishing scams in their email, right? At the very least, you know someone who has. And I’m sure that of all the phishing scams out there trying to steal your identity, the Nigerian or African based scams are the most well-known. Lately, I’ve started seeing a different approach […]
Like My Facebook Page!
- Mr. BojanglesA day or two before the Crooked Man arrived, another senior gentleman with a similar problem arrived. He came with one of those walkers with the seat on it. He was leaning on it really hard as he came in the doors of the office where I work. As slim as he was, one would think […]
- The Crooked Man That Walked The Crooked MileWhen this 60+ year old gentleman came to see me, I discovered that he had apparently been living in the condition he was in for quite a number of years. His body looked almost mangled to some degree. He was torqued on the front left side of the hip, so he leaned down on that […]
- Choosing The Right TherapistThere is much about the massage industry that the general public does not understand. My issue with this is that instead of doing more to educate the public, the massage industry has been taken over by corporations whose main concern is their financial bottom line. As such, instead of educating, they promote ignorance by insisting […]
- Foot Pain ReleasedOne of my frequent clients is an elderly lady who claims she has arthritis in several areas of her body. However, she has complained of pain in her feet that she never identified as arthritis. For some reason, she simply identifies this as pain; which she says is so severe at times, that she cannot […]
- Proper BookingIn trying to answer the question of why you don’t always get the massage you want for the price you are able to pay, booking must be discussed. As I’ve stressed in previous articles, communication is a major issue. The first major hurdle is the difference between if you need a deep tissue, more therapeutic massage; […]
- The Labyrinth of Relationships: Wrestling With ForgivenessThere was an incident that started this ball rolling and all of this introspection I am now doing. If you haven't read this article yet, you should read it first prior to continuing to read what I am now writing, because it will give you a good picture of why I am where I am now. Aside […]
- The Labyrinth of Relationships: The Attitude of EntitlementPeople are so self serving. I too, am probably guilty of this in some circumstances, to some degree. The degree to which I always find this demonstrated however, is as an extreme example, usually due to some person's failure to perform properly due to some set standard; whether in society, culture, or by rule or […]
- Dream Journal – Day 1 The Spirit World and Your Destiny Part 16Dan 1:3 ¶ And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring [certain] of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;Dan 1:4 Children in whom [was] no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, […]
- The Labyrinth of Relationships: The Far Side of Customer ServiceYesterday, as my son and I were on our way home; me from the job, and him from the library; a surprising incident took place. We were on a side road from the highway, I-595. We were traveling eastbound, and this side road can lead you from the city roads onto the highway, or to […]
- Dream Journal – Day 1 The Spirit World and Your Destiny Part 15It's been a while since I did an entry on this study, so if you need to reference where we last left off, click here. Dan 1:2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of […]
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Find Articles In Our Archives
Find Articles By Category
Freedom from Student Loans!
Have you exhausted your deferments?
Still struggling to make payments?
You may qualify for $0 monthly payments for a whole year!
Get on the fast track to recovering your life and your credit!
to see if you qualify or