An Expensive lesson

A couple of years ago, when I was taking my son for a play date at his friend’s house, my car’s front end started shaking and rattling real hard. I pulled over, thinking I had a flat, but the tires looked fine. So I slowly drove the rest of the way to my son’s friend’s, because once I hit 35mph, the shaking started again.

At the time, I was thinking, “Aw, c’mon Lord! I just spent $256.00 barely a week ago on this car, and it hit my budget hard. I was already pressed for that month, and definitely did not need another repair bill. I got to the mechanic a bit later, and ran into three (note the number-which I didn’t even realize until writing this) gentlemen sitting in the mechanic’s office.

They asked me if I’m a sister in the Lord, which I affirmed. The one said, “See, I told you she was. You can tell looking at her.” Well, I must admit that I liked the fact that it was finally that obvious. Now, of course, I was thinking that if it is that obvious, what do I look like when I’m mad or impatient? How’s the reflection then? Good question. I still don’t know the answer on that one.

Anyways, so I started talking with these guys and telling them about my books. In the course of the conversation, I let them know about the one that I was trying to publish, and the delays that kept occurring, “But,” I said, “I know that God has a reason and a purpose for all of these delays, so it’s cool.”

Then I told them about the current book that I’m halfway through writing, “In His Image.” I told them that in the last section I was working on, I was talking about Lucifer, and how he came to be. I described the difference in his origins versus mankind’s origins, and they asked me, what about the angels?

Song of the Angels by William Bouguereau, 1881.
Song of the Angels by William Bouguereau, 1881. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I told them that I hadn’t gotten to them yet, and they said that this information interested them because why did 1/3 of them fall away with Satan? After the mechanic returned, they got up to leave, and shook my hands saying they were glad to have met me. One fellow intended to contact a pastor that we both knew (I knew this pastor only as a homeschool evaluator), and let him know about my books; so that he could forward the name of a publisher to me that worked a good deal for him.

When they were gone, I was sitting in the mechanic’s office, and he had this big large print bible on the desk. Despite having brought my own reading material…some business info I needed to study, I kept thinking about what those guys asked me about the angels.

So I decided to peruse this bible, particularly the back to see if there was any concordance or subject information on angels. Sure enough, this bible had a whole section that listed quite a bit of information on angels. I immediately photocopied those pages to take home and review.

While sitting there, I say to God, “Lord, seriously, you need to address this bill for me, because things are too tight right now for me to be hit with another car repair bill like the last one.” Meanwhile, I say this, hoping that God will convince my mechanic to give me a freebie this time. The mechanic has done this sort of thing in the past, whenever God chose to grant me His unmerited favor.

The mechanic comes in and tells me that the problem was the ball bearings and the holder for them, which was damaged when the ball bearings locked. He handed me the bill. “Ouch!” I say, “Can I stop by tomorrow with a check?” So he ok’d that, and I left.

Later that night, I was at home looking at my banking in my computer program and trying to figure out how I might rob Peter to pay Paul. I finagled the numbers between several accounts and figured how I was going to move money into the main account to cover this…by hitting 4 other accounts for the funds. Heartbreaking.

Then I moved on to look at those sheets I copied on angels. I began to look up certain aspects of the information, and started finding some interesting facts that are extremely relevant to my book. This started the flow in me, and I ended up writing 3 more chapters to add in this new information.

When I was finally done with this exercise, it was late and I was exhausted, but I was still clear headed enough to realize something and I said to God, “That information cost me $213.00!” I’ve noticed that there are times when something that appears to be a problem, may inadvertently assist you to getting either a blessing or a victory in another area. We sometimes stress ourselves out over it, because we are looking at it through the eyes of the wrong perspective.

This was a pretty expensive lesson, but well worth it because it provided information I needed for the book. Apparently, I had a predestined appointment at the mechanic’s just to meet those 3 men, receive their questions, and get the information that pointed me to the answers for that section of the book. All part of the process. Peace and blessings.

Published by Sandy

I am a writer and Manual Therapist focusing on pain problems as a whole body issue. I have created a unique technique and system to release pain; thus my purpose is to enlighten and educate the masses on what I see that is missing in our so called “health care system,” which refuses to educate realistically because there is no attention paid to finding the cause. My intention is to inform people on the various simple aspects of what causes pain, so that they can assess their lives for a solution and take back control, managing and maintaining their spirit, mind and body in such a way as to eliminate pain.

8 Comments

• Such_Were_You

July 12, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Woohoo!!

• veritas_verbatim

July 12, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Yes, indeed. The Lord does it again! It has His fingerprints all over it. There are a few things here to take note of.

1. He took you on an “out of the way” path to find what you needed. That’s really cool.
    2. You got a neat story to tell us so we can get excited about His care for you and your work.
    3. You received a faith stretch to look beyond the $213 to find that the mechanic needed that money at that time and it was His way of blessing him through you and the person who helped you with the format conversion. I would expect that He’ll find another way to help with the rest. Yes, you went to four different accounts to get the $213. It looks like He is using a few “different accounts” to balance the books, too!  And that reminds me of something…

I have remembered times when my wife and I hardly had enough money to buy the things we needed. I prayed that the Lord would find a way to get me a raise at my job but He never did that until much, much later. Yet during that time He answered my prayer in a much different way.  When we really needed things really badly, we would go to the store not  knowing what we would do. When we would get there, the exact items (food and other things as well) that were so expensive to us that we wanted were sitting there in the store with an unbelievable discount (50-75% off!!!) to the point that we could really buy what we needed with so little… they were even the brands we liked the best.. This went on and on for a couple of years. I even get teary eyed when I think about it now… about how I didn’t need more money, I just needed Him to adjust the books and the prices so we could get what we needed and that He even knew what we liked and provided that as well.  Praise Him!

Thanks for telling that story… I needed that today…. Blessings, Mr.Vee

• mileyfan08

July 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Well, it was an expensive lesson, but it probably helped out greatly in the long run.

• Sandy

July 13, 2016 at 5:20 pm

@mileyfan08 – Thanks. It did, but I’m always wanting God to move the timeline up a little on that financial windfall that is coming my way. LOL. Peace and blessings.

• Such_Were_You

July 13, 2016 at 5:40 pm

The setup of the circumstance was just too perfect.   God doesn’t just start something He doesn’t finish.

BP

• KateeLee1

July 13, 2016 at 10:10 pm

God does work in mysterious ways! I bet your book will pay off seriously well – if not here- on a heavenly level- nothing like “laid up” treasure!

• china_doll26

July 13, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I believe in God’s blessings.. Let us fully trust in Him.. God bless! 🙂

• Sandra

July 14, 2016 at 11:47 am

@KateeLee1 – @Such_Were_You – It’s funny…cause now that I think of it, didn’t Abraham meet up with three men as well, and ended up talking with the Lord while two of them waited further away? Well…two of the men did indeed, go outside the office for a while, about the vehicle they were there for, and I spent a good percentage of the time talking to one of them.

Also, some payback came my way, because I had also been trying to see about getting that book in Kindle format, as well as other ebook formats. I met a guy in a forum who helps people with problems with the Kindle, and has his own site. He charges a fee to convert people’s work into the proper html format they need to upload their books to a Kindle.

He agreed, after I emailed him some questions, to take a look at my book, and I sent him several versions to see if they were workable. He actually converted them for me in about 20 minutes and gave it to me as a gift! No charge! Thank you Jesus! That was weeks worth of frustration he saved me. I had to shelf that book for a while because God moved me in a different direction, but hopefully, I’ll get back to it sometime soon. Peace.